So almost seven weeks into 2014 and what do I have to share? As is typical for me, not a great deal!
After reading this post on Alison's blog I rounded up some of my orphan blocks and a few odds and ends from the scrap bin and put together these blocks:
...a bit of a whacky assortment but great fun to do, and a great use of fabric and wadding that was to all intents and purposes "waste". Hopefully you are all joining in too, and Alison will be able to donate a good number of quilts to the orphanage in Mexico City.
Also in the spirit of using up scraps I made this box pouch to hold all my larger sizes of circular knitting needles.
I used this tutorial from Pink Stitches which was easy to follow and worked out well; my lining did turn out a bit baggier that I would have liked but that could easily be adjusted if I make another.
(by the way, sorry for the terrible background in these photos!)
Following on from the post in which I set out my goals for the year, I have made good progress with the yarn destash, I have sold some stuff via ravelry and found a few potential projects for the yarns I am keeping.
I have also made a start on the City Sampler quilt, 15 blocks done so far.