Miracle of miracles! I actually finished the giant dahlia! The final stitch on the binding went in on Christmas Day.
This first appeared on my quarter four finish along list LAST year, it was not particularly long in the making, but I did spend an inordinately long time dithering about which fabric to use for the centre and then almost as long trying to make up my mind about the quilting.
I used Kaffe Fassett shot cottons in various oranges, pinks and purples and eventually chose a nice bright golden yellow for the centre. The bias binding is KF awning stripe which is long since discontinued and has been waiting patiently in my stash for the last 10 years (I KNEW it would make a great binding for something!).
The backing is pretty too...
... bottom of the pile.
It finshed up at 56 inches in diameter, just right for sofa snuggling!
This will, I think, be the final finish I can manage from my quarter four finish along list.
Happy new year to you!