Tula Pink

Blogger's Quilt Festival - St. Louis 16-patch


Hello, and welcome! I would like to share with you a simple but jolly and bright quilt I made (with some help but I'll come to that later) for a very special cause.

 Introducing the Acacia 16-patch, my entry into the large quilt category of the festival:


 I wanted to make a couple of quilts for the UK based charity Siblings Together which helps maintain contact between brothers and sisters who have been separated from one another by the care system. You can read more about their work here, and find out about the quilting group here. More quilts are needed to reach our target of 100 for this years summer camps, so please do get involved if you can!


Quilt stats:

Pattern: St. Louis 16-patch

Fabric: Acacia by Tula Pink (top) and Birds and Bees also by Tula Pink (backing)

Quilting: very kindly and beautifully done for me by the lovely Mal after I posted an S.O.S. to the Flickr group for help

Binding: Scrappy, made using leftovers from the piecing of the top

Size: 56" x 70"


Labels for the quilts are generously provided by Spoonflower and provide the perfect finishing touch. Rebecca from the Spoonflower team has recently written a great post about the Siblings Together quilting group which features a piccy of the other quilt I made and additional details about how you can get involved :)


Thanks for reading, I'm off to have a look around the rest of the Quilt Festival now!

Finishing this quilt was one of my quarter 2 finish-along goals and I will be linking up this post at the end of the quarter ;)

Q2 FAL 2015 - optimistic or realistic?

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

So quarter one was much more productive than I expected with 4 finishes, 1 abandoned project and 2 roll overs.

My list is a bit shorter this time around as I have been too busy finishing things(!) to start anything much in the way of new projects (strange but true). 

    1. Acacia quilt. Currently being quilted. Will need binding and labeling on its return.SAM_2005
    2. Kingfisher tapestry (for mum). Long way to go on this one! SAM_2062
    3. Two patchwork tote bags (similar to this one). SAM_2208
    4. Delectable Mountains quilt (as proposed here). Currently no more than a pile of triangles (hence the title of this post!). SAM_2204

I think 50% success rate should be guaranteed (items 1 and 3). I would love to get the tapestry done, I have stalled completely because the waterlilies have several very similar colours in them which proved to be hard to distinguish in the winter light. I am also curious as to whether I can make a whole quilt in 3 months, definitely sounds like a challenge to me!

Linking up with the rest of the Finish-alongers here.

Rounding up my flurry of finishes!

Wow, back again. I'm not used to blogging so frequently but I am up against it with the finish-along deadline looming!

Here we have another uninspiring washing line shot (less windy today!), this time featuring the log cabin circles quilt.



The quilt is only small, 48" (or 1.2 m) square and the top was made entirely from scraps. I quilted in the ditch along all the seam-lines which has given it a nice texture.



I had intended it to be for the dog, but didn't properly consider the size! As you can see 4 spots would probably have been big enough! The backing is a left over piece of Tula Pink print that I bought for the back of another quilt, I thought the colours worked well with the top which is primarily made from Kaffe Fassett prints.

Pretty happy with this little finish :)

Slow blogging... first edition for 2014

So almost seven weeks into 2014 and what do I have to share?  As is typical for me, not a great deal!

After reading this post on Alison's blog I rounded up some of my orphan blocks and a few odds and ends from the scrap bin and put together these blocks:

...a bit of a whacky assortment but great fun to do, and a great use of fabric and wadding that was to all intents and purposes "waste".  Hopefully you are all joining in too, and Alison will be able to donate a good number of quilts to the orphanage in Mexico City.

Also in the spirit of using up scraps I made this box pouch to hold all my larger sizes of circular knitting needles.


I used this tutorial from Pink Stitches which was easy to follow and worked out well; my lining did turn out a bit baggier that I would have liked but that could easily be adjusted if I make another.


(by the way, sorry for the terrible background in these photos!)

Following on from the post in which I set out my goals for the year, I have made good progress with the yarn destash, I have sold some stuff via ravelry and found a few potential projects for the yarns I am keeping.

I have also made a start on the City Sampler quilt, 15 blocks done so far.

I am linking up with with the Slow Bloggers Linky over at Moira's...


Knotted Cotton