Well I am still here and still crafting, it has been hard to find enough daylight to take halfway decent photos over the last couple of months (you know, go to work in the gloom, come home in the dark, rain or fog on your day off!). Today is quite bright, so I am going to attempt a bit of a catch-up.
Here are some cushions I made to go with the tee-pee:
You can probably see they are very simple envelope-backed covers to fit 18 inch cushions. I cut the fronts 18 x 18 inches and the backs 18 x 13 inches. I did a double fold 1 inch hem on the back pieces and stitched them together using a 1/2 inch seam allowance. I just finished the seams with my pinking shears. A nice quick finish from my quarter four finish along list.
So that covers the small cushions, now here is the great...
Isn't it fab! I can't take the credit though. This started out life as a mini quilt from the Brit Quilt swap in 2012. My partner totally nailed it and I loved the quilt so much, but at 24 inches it was an awkward size to accommodate on the wall. It had a perfect little nook in the hallway at first but had to come down to make way for a new coat rack. It then languished in a drawer for a while, I felt bad every time I saw it there. So spool forward to October this year when Alexander asked me if I could make him a REALLY BIG cushion... that sparked a light bulb moment which led to the conversion of quilt to cushion cover.
All I had to do was make a zippered back (following my favourite tutorial). I then unpicked the hand stitching on the back of the quilt to free the edge of the binding, attached the new back by machine, and stitched the binding back down by hand. I bought an enormous squishy 26 inch inner so that it would be nice and plump!
Now we can enjoy this beautiful piece every day.