Sewing for the Home

Peg bag

I made this over a couple of evenings last week, made to fulfil a request from my mum, whose current peg bag is rapidly disintegrating...

DSC02883 

I drafted the shape based on the Cath Kidston peg bags, but with a nice big opening, and I fully lined it with a cheerful contrasting gingham.  The colours look a bit washed out here, the flowers are quite bright and cheery in "real life".


Ironing Board Re-vamp

My ironing board cover was badly scorched and beginning to tear to the point where it was all-but unusable.  It was high time for action.  Having been unable to buy a new ironing board cover locally I decided the best course of action was to make my own. So half a metre of fabric, three metres of cotton tape and 45 minutes resulted in this:

DSC02829 
Much better!  (Please excuse the renovations in the background... our house is a "work-in-progress").