And I don't even have that much to show for it!
Here's a little update:
My lovely backing fabric arrived (Joel Dewberry- Modern Meadow- Flower Fields in Lake) and I got busy basting and marking out my quilting design. I happily began quilting a baptist fan pattern, but did not get all that far before realising I would not be able to reach all the way across the quilt and have the fan pattern the same way up across the entire quilt (which was what I had envisaged originally). It was at this point I decided to get a professional in! I went to see Jeanette of J-Quilts who did a beautiful job of quilting it for me with a lovely pantograph design called "grapevine". Unfortunately, I did not get time to go and collect it until the monday before Christmas, which meant that I spent all my free time on Christmas eve attaching the binding, washing and tumble drying the finished quilt ready to give to my parents the next day. By the time I had finished it was totally dark, so no pictures! I had intended to snap a few shots of it at mum and dads house, but time got away from me and it was too dark again. I am really happy with the way it turned out and will take some decent pics another time!
Amish with a twist II.
Hmm... it was as I had feared... 32 log cabin blocks to make as the August installment! I think this is what threw the blog off the rails! They did not get done until September. I had to psych myself up a bit to tackle the cutting, but once that was done they went together quickly.
I assembled the blocks for the centre of the quilt in October, there was quite a bit of easing, trimming and fudging as the first months blocks were a little bit undersize as I had followed the method in the instructions, which was clearly not "my way"!
I then pondered for a while about the borders. I knew that 105" square would swamp my bed, the quilt that is on there at the moment is 90" x 100" so I decide to work towards 100" square. The centre of my quilt had finished up 1" smaller than it should have done, I added a 1.5" (finished) border, then a border made up of 2" squares, I just used the medium value colours here rather than a mix of everything. I then resized the final navy border to 7".
I have to confess that I did not even contemplate quilting this myself! I left it with Jeanette when I collected the Swoon on monday.
We went on holiday in October and had a lovely relaxing week, walking and picnicing and playing monopoly when it rained.
I "thought" it would be nice to take some knitting, but unfortunately when I stopped to actually look at what I had produced it was more the size of a ten-year-old than a womans' size ten! I am beginning to think I should just stick to knitting small stuff!
I will try not to leave it so long until my next post!