I seem to have a bit of a back log of quilts to share, so please bear with me whilst I endeavour to catch up!
It took a bit of thinking about but I managed to turn these pieces...
...into a quilt...
Considering I started with a full jelly roll it was a bit of a struggle to reach this size (about 37 in. long x 40 in. wide). I originally purchased this fabric (Arcadia by Sanae for Moda) a little shop in Narberth (Pembrokeshire) when we were on holiday in 2009!
I made a friendship braid quilt top using the pattern in this book, but later cut it up before it ever became a quilt. I can't remember how or why I came to destroy a fininshed quilt top, but what I do know is that the remains have been sitting in my box of scraps making me feel guilty ever since. I must have had some kind of plan, as some of the fabric had been unpicked and cut into 2.5 inch squares!
Anyway, with the addition of a few extra pieces and some sashing, we now have a quilt. The backing is the animal fabric you can see in the top photo, and I quilted in a staggered zig-zag pattern across the quilt.
This can now be ticked off my finish along list, hooray!