I completed two quilts for Siblings Together last year, Greenfields and Jewel Box, which were sent off at the beginning of June in time for gifting at the summer camps.
The Greenfields quilt top (previously seen here) was paired with an orange polkadot backing and jade green binding. I machine quilted it with a simple grid of horizontal and vertical lines.
Finished size 160 x 195cm. Completed 23/03/2017.
April was my month to request blocks in the Siblings Together Bee 2. I asked for Jewel Box blocks from this pattern using bright prints and a white background. This was my sample block:
...and the finished quilt:
You can probably see it was a bit of a windy day for photography! This one has a blue polkadot backing and a Kaffe Fassett vintage bead stripe for the binding. I machine quilted it outlining the diamond shapes formed wherever four half square triangles meet.
Finished size 160 x 200cm. Completed 20/05/2017.
I previously showed some of the blocks I made for other members of the bee in this post. The "bee year" runs from September to September and I have decided not to rejoin this time around, as I was struggling a bit for time and strangely fabric (no shortage of that as such, just that I never seemed to have the right colours/prints!).
So in the interests of completeness here are the bee blocks I made for 2016/17:
Quite a variety! I learnt that I struggle with the concepts of "wonky" and "low volume". I think the daisies and butterflies were the most fun to make!